The warm weather is here! Fingers crossed that it stays! As we are heading into the summer months, I know that we will be seeking out water parks and outdoor pools for Portia to play in. I thought it would be a fun idea to do a roundup of these sought-after amenities for anyone who would like to try one (or all) of them this summer. (Fellow North Vancouverites, did you know we have FIVE water parks right here in our city!)
Here is a working list, and by all means not a conclusive one, of what the North Shore and some nearby areas have to offer you and your family:
- Here is a map of North Vancouver Water Parks (as well as others North Vancouver parks, fields and amenities). The spray pools are at Eldon Park, Mahon Park (15th Street & Keith Rd.), Kilmer Park, Myrtle Park and Viewlynn Park. Now that I know we have 5 water parks right here in North Vancouver, I am even more excited about those hot summer days that are sure to start soon! (Right?!)
- There is a great waterpark on Granville Island, that we will for sure be checking out this summer! Um… they even have a full-blown water slide!
- For a fun day-trip, you could make your way to Port Moody‘s Rocky Point Park. I’ve met friends there for playdates with our kidlets and it is a lot of fun. I have yet to try out Pajo’s Fish and Chips stand there, but I hear it is excellent!
- Another quick hop off the shore is Burnaby‘s Confederation Park which not only has a spray pool, but a model train that you can actually ride on the weekends in the summer (and it’s free for infants under the age of 36 months!).
- A short drive across the Lions Gate Bridge into Vancouver will bring you into a whole other world of water parks and outdoor pools. The Vancouver Parks Board page is a great resource to have on hand for times, locations and fees for their outdoor pools.
Enjoy your days splishing and splashing this summer! See you at the park!
North Shore Mama
Do you have pictures of you and your family at one of the above-mentioned waterparks?
I would love to see them and include them on my blog! Please send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
** While I have you, I thought I would provide you with this handy list of all the
park locations in North Vancouver. Now, get outside! **