Spring has arrived in Vancouver! Just in time for summer! It’s time to get outside and enjoy what our beautiful city has to offer, while creating exciting and meaningful experiences for our kidlets!
1) May 25th & 26th ~ Lynn Valley celebrates its 100th birthday! Check out Lynn Valley Days this year for some extra special events and activities. A huge hit every year is the Lynn Valley Parade which will begin at 10am on Saturday the 26th. A great North Shore Family Event!
2) May 26th & 27th ~ Lynn Valley Kids Toy & Clothing Sale
3) May 29th- June 3rd ~ The Vancouver International Children’s Festival on Granville Island : I have not yet been with my own child, but have brought my elementary-aged students there many times when it was at the Vanier Park location. There are so many great activities going on that you will want to pack a lunch and spend an entire day!
4) Saturday June 2nd ~ West Vancouver is hosting its Centennial birthday celebration this year as well on West Van’s waterfront. There have been very few years since I was a 3 year-old that I have missed the West Vancouver Community Day parade and events. It is such a fun day for both kids and adults! Make sure you catch the parade (and maybe even the beer garden on the beach!) OH! And Fred Penner will be singing some of his classic kids tunes. I know our 19 month-old is going to be so excited to hear him live!
5) June 2-3 & 9-10 ~ Thomas the Tank Engine is coming to Squamish! If you have a train lover in the family, or if you just feel like getting away on a mini daytrip, this is a great opportunity to hit the Sea-to-Sky and enjoy a day with your kids!
Enjoy these next few weeks!
North Shore Mama
Do you have any events or special activities to add to this list? I’d love to hear from you if so. Tweet me @NShoreMama or leave a comment below!