Last week, Portia and I attended the grand opening of The Residences at Lynn Valley Presentation Centre, located in Lynn Valley shopping centre. It was a day filled with activities for kids, treats from local vendors (Black Bear Neighbourhood Pub, Westlynn Bakery and Delaney’s Coffee House) and the official sneak peek of the development happening in Lynn Valley!
Photo: Sandra Steier
The turnout was incredible. When we first arrived, we had to wiggle around like sardines to make our way through the crowds to get to the button making station and the display suite that is on-site. We heard Mayor Walton speak to the value that this Bosa Development project will add to the community of Lynn Valley.
Photo: Sandra Steier
The Residences at Lynn Valley offers a community-oriented solution for young families with easy access to amenities.
The display suite though!!! I was ready to trade-in on the spot. The units in The Residences at Lynn Valley are… well, have a look for yourself!
Do you see what I mean by “I want to LIVE THERE!!” ? And to top it all off, we’re talking about being able to live on the North Shore, which is a dream come true for so many people, younger and older alike!
Bosa Development’s The Residences at Lynn Valley is a major contributor to the revitalization of the area. When completed, it will represent Lynn Valley’s first master planned community, providing new opportunities for businesses and homeowners.
Here are the renderings of the exterior of the development:
Part of the equation is to create more multi-family communities within a neighbourhood traditionally known for single family homes, allowing for existing owners to downsize. This transition for downsizers then creates opportunities for younger families to move into Lynn Valley.
About The Residences at Lynn Valley
- Lynn Valley’s first master-planned community developed by Bosa Development represents the area’s first ever concrete and air-conditioned residential offering.
- Completed development will feature six residential buildings for a total of approximately 350 homes, along with commercial space and several public gathering spaces.
-Homes will be a mix of townhomes and condominiums
-The six buildings range from four to 12 storeys, defining the valley’s skyline
-Commercial space will include a 43,000 sq.ft. grocery store as well as five additional CRUs
-Phase 1 includes two concrete buildings consisting of a combined 115 suites
- The Residences will contribute to the revitalization of Lynn Valley into a major community hub, with BOSA providing $4.5 million in district amenities, including $1.6 million in transportation improvements, $500,000 for public art, as well as funds for trail improvements. Proposed is the addition of a multi-use pathway (bike, car, bus) that ties the District of North Vancouver and the City of North Vancouver together Via Lynn Valley Road.
- With homes at sky level, The Residences will offer homeowners unparalleled mountain and valley
- Phase 1 at The Residences range from 550 – 2285 sq.ft., with 1-2-, 3-bedroom, and even 3-bedroom plus den & Townhouse floorplans available.
- Within a short drive of numerous attractions:
-5 minutes to Lynn Canyon and Lynn Valley Suspension Bridge
-11 minutes to Lonsdale Quay and SeaBus terminal
-15 minutes to Grouse Mountain
-25 minutes to Downtown Vancouver
- Distinctive contemporary architecture designed by award winning, Chris Dikeakos Architects, the over-height ceilings and expansive windows pay tribute to the stunning mountains
- Stylish interiors by Cristina Oberti Interior Design include two designer colour schemes, and state of the art finishings:
-Rooms bring the surrounding elements of nature into the living space, with wide plank
-Imported Italian cabinetry by Inform Kitchens and premium quartz countertops with (commercial retail unit ranging from 1,000-2,000 sq.ft.) engineered hardwood floors and a palette of earth tones, waterfall edges in the kitchen and bathrooms. Labelled the Bassano collection, the two colour schemes will be globally exclusive to The Residences development.
-Sleek integrated Bosch appliances.
- Amenities include:
-A fully equipped fitness studio featuring his and her changing rooms
-A large social room with kitchen, wet bar, and entertainment area
-Dog washing and bike repair rooms
- Other features include:
-LEED® Gold equivalency
-Double-glazed Energy Star® windows with Low-E glass for increased insulation and UV
-Central air conditioning