We just ate the most delicious homemade pizza (if I do say so myself). I can’t wait to tell you all about it, but first a bit about where the recipe inspiration stemmed from.
I have had the great pleasure of being a part of the Patak’s “mix in a little India” year-long blogger campaign. This is the last month, and it seems so wild to me that 12 months have already passed since I first started cooking with Patak’s products. I have had the chance to share recipes every month on North Shore Mama, I have had friends and family over for Indian meals and I have had the great opportunity of going to Indian movies, creating Indian art and experiencing Indian culture in many ways. For all that, I am grateful to Patak’s and Mom Central. So, thank you!
On that happy note, tonight I tried something entirely new when it comes to mixing in a little India! Patak’s has this great downloadable cookbook, and I chose to use one of the recipes in there to complete my creation. I’m not one to follow a recipe verbatim (hence why I am the world’s worst baker), so I will share with you the change I made to the Mango Chutney Coconut Cream recipe, as well as letting you in on my butter chicken pizza concoction.
First of all, I grabbed some wholewheat pizza dough, marinara sauce and a roasted chicken from Whole Foods this morning. You could cook your own chicken in advance, but I am not an ‘in advance’ kinda gal, so I thought a roasted chicken would be perfect.
I mixed the chicken and Patak’s Butter Chicken curry paste together and followed the cooking instructions on the jar.
Then I sautéed some garlic and butter in a pan and added some pre-sliced white mushrooms. So far, so easy!
I rolled out my pizza dough, added a thin layer of marinara sauce, spread out the butter chicken, added some baby spinach and then topped it all with the mushrooms. Into the oven it went, and while it was baking for 17 minutes at 375, I made the mango chutney cream sauce.
After drizzling the cream sauce and some merlot reduced balsamic onto the pizza, fresh out of the oven… VOILA!
Here’s what you need to make the pizza:
- 1 jar of Patak’s butter chicken curry paste
- 1 roasted chicken
- 1 whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 package pre-sliced white mushroom (or 10-12 mushrooms, sliced)
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. marinara sauce
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 1 jar Patak’s Sweet Mango Chutney
- 2 tsp. reduced balsamic (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large pan, add cut up roasted chicken, Patak’s butter chicken curry, and water (according to directions on the jar).
- Heat butter and garlic in a separate pan and add mushrooms once butter has melted.
- Roll out pizza dough and add marinara sauce.
- Once the butter chicken is ready, add it to the pizza dough.
- Layer baby spinach on top of the chicken.
- Add the mushrooms on top of the spinach and pop into the oven for 17-19 minutes.
- Follow the directions for the Mango Chutney and Coconut Cream Dip, but leave all the liquid in the coconut milk to make it thinner as opposed to a thick dip texture.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, drizzle on the mango chutney mixture and the reduced balsamic and ENJOY!
Disclosure: I am part of the Patak’s Canada Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.