Welcome to the “Neighbourhood”. It’s a magical place that provides you with answers and solutions to questions and concerns you thought you may never get through alone. It’s a safe space where you are encouraged to ask anything. It’s a place where teamwork is in full force and support is abundant. Want to be my neighbour?
Something cool about this neighbourhood is that you don’t need to move from where you are currently! You don’t need to move at all, in fact. The Neighbourhood is a virtual space and everyone is welcome. Cozy, right?
So what is this special virtual world? Are you ready for this?
It’s the TELUS support site. RIGHT HERE! There are forums are articles and ideas galore. It’s free. It’s 24/7. It’s friendly. It’s helpful. And it’s REAL! (I had to throw that in there, because I know this was all sounding too good to be true!) 😛
I couldn’t believe it when I heard about the Neighbourhood. I have been a TELUS customer for a while now and I… had… no… idea… the Neighbourhood existed.
Want to know what others are feeling about the new iPhone 7 launch? Need to know how to troubleshoot an issue with your mobile device? Need to know how to manage your Optik TV channels? You can literally ask the Neighbourhood anything!
Share thoughts, ask questions, and get answers. All in one place.
I had the opportunity of sitting down with some of the lovely team behind @TELUSsupport. We met at TELUS Garden downtown and chatted all things TELUS one morning. I was pretty embarrassed that I had never heard of the Neighbourhood before, and was so excited to find out about it (if you can’t tell yet in this post!).
Something I learned immediately as a TELUS ambassador is how much they value customer service. They have implemented some exclusive services in order to ensure TELUS customers have the best experience and have all their needs met… like these:
TELUS Personal Representatives: a new service, piloted in Quebec and now available across Canada, which assigns a dedicated team to every customer who is activating, upgrading or moving to TELUS, providing end-to-end service.
TELUS Learning Centre: free one-on-one sessions with our Learning Centre experts to help customers get the most out of their devices and services, including matching them with the right accessories for their needs.
At TELUS, we are proud of our network, our products and services; but we believe it’s our customer service experience that truly sets us apart. That’s why we’ve been recognized as providing the best customer service of any telco in Canada, and we’re proud to say we’re the #1 national communications provider for customer service
Hanging out with the TELUS Support peeps was proof to me of the philosophy and commitment that TELUS stands behind. The stories I heard about how they have reached out to customers are comparable to how one would reach out to a personal friend. They often use humour in their communication with their customers, because… laughter does us all good! Working for a company as big as TELUS, there WILL be issues that arise. It would be impossible to have zero issues. Think about it! What I love though is that TELUS does everything it their power to make those issues more manageable with the hope that they can be resolved! TELUS is set apart from other telcom’s because of their low customer complaint rate and their high customer satisfaction. And I get it, I really do.
So, now that you too have now been introduced to this lovely Neighbourhood and community, don’t you want to move in?
About Closer to the Customer
- Closer to the Customer is a program that gives TELUS team members the opportunity to spend the day in a customer service representative’s shoes, whether in our stores, our call centres our out on the road with our TELUS Optik TV and Internet technicians.
- It was launched in 2010 to provide senior leaders with more knowledge about frontline team members’ experiences and how to best support our customers, and has since been expanded for all team members.
- Since its inception, 13,000 TELUS team members have registered to participate in the event, with roughly 1,000 being chosen to participate each year.
- The program gives team members greater insights into the TELUS customer experience, how other business process impact the customer experience and broaden their knowledge of how TELUS puts customers first.
- Ninety-five per cent of participants have said they would recommend the Closer to the Customer experience to a fellow team member.