Something that I never got around to doing when Portia was an infant, was to hit up the popular Movies for Mommies theatre experiences that a lot of my friends enjoyed so much. The concept is that you can bring your baby to the theatre, watch a movie (geared toward adults!), and be able to nurse and walk the aisles to rock baby to sleep (if need be). The theatres turn down the volume and keep the lights lightly dimmed, so that it is a safe movie-going experience for mommy and baby. I really missed out on this!
Thankfully! … Movies for Mommies has recently teamed up with Toons for Toddlers. Toons for Toddlers enables families with toddlers and young children (ages 2-6) the opportunity to enjoy great entertainment in a toddler-friendly environment. All screenings are 60 minutes in length and run with reduced theatre sound and dim lighting for the same safe and comfortable first movie experience as Mommies for Babies offers.
Toons for Toddlers is hosting an event right here in Vancouver at the RIO Theatre on November 24th. “The Best of Chuggington” will be playing at 10am that day. Tickets are just $6/person (and no charge for babies in arms)! We will be going with Portia and I can’t wait to see her face light up because trains are a highlight for her these days!
Here is a little blurb on the movie:
Traintastic adventures await in the exciting world of Chuggington where eager engines Wilson, Koko and Brewster are learning to become working trains. Join these three young chuggers on their adventures, fun and excitement on the rails. Throughout each episode, the trainees embark on different adventures where they learn to ride the rails of life and explore Chuggington, a safe and exciting world. Each episode is designed to teach simple, yet important, social-emotional lessons that help preschoolers prepare for their early learning years. The Best of Chuggington is a compilation of the best episodes voted by viewers!
Tickets are on sale now and you can order them online by clicking here! (Or call 1-888-222-6608 to order by phone.)
WAIT! THERE’S MORE EXCITEMENT TO SHARE! Toons for Toddlers, together with Movies for Mommies, is generously offering one lucky reader 2 FREE tickets to “The Best of Chuggington”!
To enter, please fill in the Rafflecopter form below. There are many ways to enter, so enter away!
Here are the details of the giveaway:
– 2 free tickets for the Toons for Toddlers November 24th viewing at the RIO Theatre in Vancouver. Adults and children ages 2-6 years old qualify for the tickets.
– The winner will be contacted by email and must claim their prize within 48 hours or another winner will be chosen at random.
– Contest closes on Tuesday, November 20th at 9pm PST.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Nice to meet you! I'm Jessica a.k.a North Shore Mama. This site was born out of my love for my daughters and the desire to share my motherhood journey with fellow moms. I believe we're all in this craziness called 'parenthood' together and North Shore Mama is my way of reaching out to anyone who needs a laugh, a cry or dinner inspiration. Thank you so much for reading!
- Baby & Toddler Room Sharing in 6 Easy Steps
- Starting without slang: Teaching our kids the proper names for their bits
- Why You Need to Display Family Photographs In Your Home
- Thank goodness for products that ease the itchiness of eczema! #EczemaAndMe
- The Death of the Ice Cream Truck
- It’s the little things… and in this case, it’s the Little People!
- Where to see beautiful Christmas lights on the North Shore!
- Physiotherapy for KIDS – how is it different than for adults?
- Family Travel: Kid-friendly adventures in Zihuatanejo, Mexico
- Introducing a Lovey to your baby