As you may have noticed over the past few months, I am involved in a really fun campaign with Patak’s, where a group of bloggers across Canada are given opportunities to “Mix In a Little India” into our everyday cooking. I am loving being a part of these monthly ‘challenges’, because we LOVE Indian food in our household!
This month we were encouraged to cozy up and enjoy some Indian movies while snacking on an appetizer, full meal (or even a dessert) we created with one of Patak’s great line of sauces and pastes.
As I am not usually one to whip up my own inventions in the kitchen, I drew from a recipe right off of the Patak’s website for some quick and easy Tikka Chicken Wings to nibble on during movie-night.
Chicken wings are a food that I actually crave from time to time. There are many Friday nights, where, after a long week of work and parenting, all I can think of is a steaming hot plate of wings and an ice cold beverage! That’s why this recipe was the perfect choice when it came to Mixing in a little India into our repertoire of favourites.
- 6 tbsp. of your favourite jarred pasta sauce (preferably a plain tomato with basil or herbs)
- 4 tbsp. Patak’s Tikka curry paste
- 12 chicken wings, uncooked
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix the pasta and tikka sauces together in a large bowl.
- Place the chicken wings in the bowl and toss them to coat in the tikka mixture.
- Spread the wings in a single layer on a baking sheet and cook for 40-50 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Top with sesame seeds (if desired). ENJOY!
Disclosure: I am part of the Patak’s Canada Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.