I have gotten into a really bad habit of skipping breakfast many mornings. I used to wake up and eat something (usually eggs and toast) within the first 20 minutes of opening my eyes, but since Portia started Kindergarten in September, our mornings are a little busier and are little more rushed!
What happens when you’ve been awake for a few hours and have yet to put fuel in your system? So many things that aren’t representative of the healthy lifestyle I prefer to live. To make sure I’m getting goodness into my body, I’ve decided to start making breakfast a priority again and, what better way than with quick and easy meals that are full of protein to give me the energy I need to start our busy days!
There is no easier way of getting goodness into your body than by cooking with EGGS! Eggs are so versatile and a great batch of scrambled eggs can be whipped up in 5 minutes. No excuses to not eat a healthy breakfast when it only takes 5 minutes!
71% of Canadians want natural + healthy foods to start their day! Eggs have 6 g of protein & 14 nutrients.
The great thing about cooking with eggs is how versatile they are. Scrambled, fried, soft-boiled, hard-boiled… omelettes! There is a never-ending supply of recipes out there for egg breakfast ideas! Find some recipe inspiration and other great facts by visiting eggs.ca!
With six grams of the highest-quality protein and fourteen essential vitamins and nutrients, like iron and vitamin A, eggs are a natural and wholesome way to start your day—and, they’re always free of added steroids and hormones! #WakeUpToYellow #CanadianEggs
Here’s my recipe for Spinach & Parmesan Scrambled Eggs. It takes 5 minutes and is delicious!
Spinach & Parmesan Scrambled Eggs
- 3 eggs
- 1 handful chopped spinach
- grated parmesan cheese (~ 3 tbsp)
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a small pan.
- Whisk the eggs with a fork and add to the pan.
- Add the salt, pepper, cheese and spinach.
- Stir until the eggs set and then remove from heat. Give a few more little stirs and serve!
Done and done. Healthy, hot, delicious breakfast. In 5 minutes or less.
On February 2nd, Egg Farmers of Canada will host events in Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal where a special pop-up garden will be installed to add a little extra sunshine on a Canadian winter morning. From these locations, local egg farmers will be on-hand distributing sandwiches made with wholesome eggs to morning commuters.
Vancouver friends… On February 2nd, 2016, stop by Cordova & Seymour St. between 7:30 and 10:30am for a delicious breakfast sandwich compliments of Egg Farmers of Canada.
~~~ WIN ~~~
Canadians are invited to tweet an original photo of their favourite egg breakfast using #WakeUpToYellow and mention @eggsoeufs for a chance to WIN a uniquely Canadian getaway valued at $3,000!!!
• Two (2) day trip to Fairmont Pacific Rim, Vancouver, BC, V6C 0B9, or a comparable hotel, for up to a maximum of two (2) people
• Airfare: Domestic (originating in Canada) roundtrip coach airfare provided for up to two (2) people ($1,000 maximum cost per ticket)
• Accommodations: one (1) room with two (2) double beds for up to two (2) nights ($1,000 maximum cost for two (2) night stay)
• Meals: breakfast at Fairmont Pacific Rim for two (2) mornings
• The trip itself must occur (and have been fully completed) by the end date of December 31,
• The Sponsor will offer the above (airfare and accommodations) up to a maximum of $3,000. Additional expenses will be covered by prize winner
• Not included: any expenses or charges other than as set out above. For example, insurance, activities and meals (excepting breakfast), ground transportation to and from the airport, and parking are not covered and will be the contest winner’s responsibility.
• Travel blackout periods may apply
This giveaway is open to Canadian residents and entrants must be 18 years or older. For full contest rules and regulations, click HERE!
Disclaimer: I have received compensation in exchange for helping to promote Egg Farmers of Canada.