Winter in Vancouver is not my favourite thing. The rainy days…. OH the rainy days! Day after day with no end in sight. I used to not mind them so much pre-kids, but trying to entertain 2 very energetic wee ones when it’s pouring outside? Also not my favourite thing!
Amongst friends and within any mommy groups I’m part of online, the question is asked constantly… what to do with kids on rainy days?! That is actually how this site started, but that is a story for another day 😉
Want to know what to do in Vancouver with kids on a rainy day? RHYTHM GYM!
We had the chance to check out this great new studio just off Cambie St. in Vancouver. Portia and Madeleine both loved their classes!
Rhythm Gym‘s goal is to assist and inspire children in the development of a life-long love for healthy, creative and enjoyable physical activity.
I feel so guilty (#momguilt) because when Portia was younger, I took her to so many classes and activities. I was a full-time stay at home mom for the first 2 years of her life and we did it all! On the flip side… Madeleine is 2.5 years old and the Rhythm Gym class was her FIRST organized activity in her life! It took her about 10 minutes to warm up to the group setting, but once she was ‘in there’, she was IN THERE!
Portia was engaged in her class from start to finish and has asked me every single day since we were at Rhythm Gym when she is going back to gymnastics class.
I love seeing my kids so happy and knowing they’re getting a good hour of physical activity in even on the rainiest of days!
By following through the developmental levels in the program, children will develop confidence, muscle coordination, spatial and movement awareness, a sense of musicality, body strength and mental and physical agility
• Classes are inclusive and non-competitive. Kids are encouraged to move at their own unique level and ability, whatever that may be.
• Builds self-confidence, self-esteem and self-awareness. Kids are encouraged to be creative and uniquely themselves.
• Improves focus, concentration, memorization, listening and team work skills.
• Develops physical fitness, such as rhythm, flexibility, strength, balance, coordination, hand-eye coordination which compliment other physical activities enjoyed by kids.
• Is fun, engaging and playful!