I just read Jessica’s recipe blog from May 2015 and the first words were “I am not a baker. At all.” And as a brand new guest blogger for North Shore Mama, the recipe I have to offer is a dessert recipe! But rest assured, Jess, this one does not require effort or baking. It doesn’t even require a stove!
I am a nutritionist and essential oil enthusiast. I have used doTERRA’s certified therapeutic grade oils primarily for cleaning and therapeutic purposes but challenged myself recently, to use them more in the kitchen. I’m starting with the basics, doTERRA’s most popular essential oils: Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint.
There is nothing I love more than the combination of chocolate and mint, so here is my best recipe using both. One last note, this fudge tends to melt when out of the fridge (especially if you use some of the substitutes) so keep it cool until ready to serve. I realized this when I took it to a party the first time I made it and let it sit out while dinner was served. Thankfully it was so delicious, people started eating it with spoons!
Peppermint Patty Raw Chocolate Fudge
• ¼ cup virgin coconut oil
• ¼ cup coconut butter (or substitute another ¼ cup coconut oil)
• ¼ cup smooth almond butter
• ½ cup of cocoa powder (or raw cacao powder)
• ½ cup of unpasteurized creamed honey (or substitute maple syrup if you are a strict vegan)
• 2 tsps. vanilla extract
• 1-2 drops doTERRA Peppermint Essential Oil*
• ½ cup raw cacoa nibs (or use mini dark chocolate chips)
1. In a mixing bowl, beat the coconut oil and coconut butter with electric beaters until smooth (it may be easier to melt the butter a little first)
2. Add in the almond butter and mix again until smooth
3. Add the cocoa powder and mix again until combined
4. Add the honey, vanilla and 1 drop of peppermint oil and mix until smooth. Taste the mixture at this point and add peppermint oil drop by drop until it has the strength you like
5. Add the cacao nibs and mix just until combined.
6. Layer two pieces of parchment paper in a loaf pan (one going in each direction). Spread the fudge into the loaf pan and smooth the top as much as you can.
7. Place in the fridge until it sets.
*proportion is for doTERRA essential oil only. Other peppermint oils may be diluted. doTERRA’s oils are also pure and safe for internal use. If you choose another brand, make sure it is safe for internal use.
If I have sparked your interest in trying essential oils, check out my Facebook page, follow me on Instagram or Twitter to hear about some of the 101 other uses for Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint essential oils AND join my webinar “Essential Oils 101”.
Sheri will be hosting a FREE webinar on Tuesday, September 1st at 7-8pm PST where she will be discussing the benefits of doTERRA essential oils and sharing some great ways to use them that you may not have thought of!Email Sheri (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign up for the webinar and to receive some FREE samples that Sheri is generously offering to all those that will be attending her webinar. Please make the subject line of your email: Interested in the doTERRA webinar.
~~ WIN ~~
Enter to win your very own set of Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint essential oils, an introductory CD, a guide book on the many uses of doTERRA’s oils and a BONUS bottle of Wild Orange oil. Open to Canadian residents!