I believe that effective parenting is the greatest gift you can give your child and yourself. Now more than ever before, positive parenting is critical, and developing a strong relationship with your child is key to helping him/her succeed. There are many parenting platforms out there now, both on line and in person and the choice can be daunting to parents. There’s STEP Parenting, Adlerian Parenting, Behaviorism Parenting, Attachment Parenting and Parenting the Indigo Child to name a few.
They all have different principles but share one common goal, to help and support parents be the best they can be. When choosing which model is most suitable for you, focus on the ones whose values and principles seem to resonate with you the most.
General benefits of Parenting Classes
- To be a better parent
- To build a solid connected relationship with your child
- To learn essential parenting tools.
- To acquire additional parenting skills to address current behavioral challenges and those that will undoubtedly lie ahead of you
- To develop a parenting style that gives your child the tools and opportunity to develop the life skills, competencies, values and social integrity required to flourish in a demanding world
- Attending regular Parenting Classes will give you practical solutions to help you achieve parenting harmony and success
- Parenting classes will guide you and support you on your parenting journey
- Parenting sessions offer YOU a “dose” of encouragement. We all recognize that encouragement is key for our children – it is also vital for our own well-being
- Being part of an evolving community of like-minded parents is very reassuring and comforting
- It is a motivating and stimulating environment
- It feels good to be heard and it is always reassuring to know that you are not the only one with challenges
- As a parent, just knowing you have a class on the horizon can be a great source of comfort
- As your children get older and your parenting challenges will change you continue to have support
- The group becomes a safe and confidential place to voice any concerns
- It helps make parenting fun
In my parenting classes, I follow a model based on the principles of renowned psychologist Alfred Adler, the founder of Adlerian Parenting. Adlerian Parenting is one of the pre-eminent parenting styles being adopted by parents today. It is gaining rapid popularity because of its relevance to modern parenting issues and, quite simply, because it works.
It is democratic in its approach and follows a “let me guide you” approach as opposed to the “do as I say” or “do what you want” approach of Authoritarian or Permissive parenting styles. More often than not, democratic parenting is the style that most parents would naturally aspire to and follow, they have just not heard of the term Adlerian Parenting.
Childhood passes quickly. Why not give you and your child every opportunity to succeed and try a few classes for yourself?
For more information on the parenting classes I offer, please visit the COURSES tab on the menu bar of my web site. I have a new block of classes starting in Dundarave, West Vancouver in April and May this year. If you have any questions regarding parenting classes, I’d be happy to hear them. Also, reading some of the testimonials under the “Why See Us” menu on my web site may help you.
I look forward to hearing from you and hope that you have found this helpful.