When I was in University, I’m pretty sure I made chicken stir-fry at least 5 times a week for dinner. They are easy, inexpensive and (can be) very healthy. Fast forward a decade where I am married with 2 children and I still love to make stir-fry dishes, but I have to admit that after 10+ years, they do get fairly boring.
The other night, my husband decided to spice up our generic stir-fry by ‘Mixing in a little India’ to our go-to recipe. We received a special delivery with some Patak’s sauces and pastes we had not tried yet, so we decided to throw one into our meal to give it the extra ‘je ne sais quoi’ we were craving.
Not only did we ‘spice up’ our standard, but hubby took on the meal himself, which meant a night off of cooking for me and thus, a very happy mama all round
Here is my husband’s very own Creamy Coconut & Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry!
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 6 chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 cup frozen pea & carrot mix
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 jar of Patak’s Creamy Coconut & Pineapple Sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Green onions to garnish (if desired)
- Cook rice according to directions on the package.
- Add the olive oil to a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook about 3-5 minutes or until slightly soft.
- Cook the chicken thighs in the pan until the juices run clear.
- Add the frozen vegetables, pineapple, red pepper and the Creamy Coconut & pineapple sauce.
- Cook for about 15 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Serve the chicken mixture over the rice and add green onions as a garnish.
- BON APPETIT!
We really loved this meal and will be keeping this one in our repertoire for quick and tasty weeknight meals that our whole family can enjoy!
Disclosure: I am part of the Patak’s Canada Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.