School’s out for the SUMMER! That means that even the programs for wee ones, such as StrongStart and some regular play gyms etc. are also no longer available to us.
I am always searching for things to do with Portia, especially in that morning chunk of time between wake-up and afternoon nap. I find that that is the time of day where Portia is really rearing to go and I try to be out of the house by no later than 9am every day. This poses a problem when my go-to’s are not in session again until September!
So, it was very exciting when I learned about a play gym in Kerrisdale the other day, called Kerrisdale Play Palace. (Though, it is more like a play gym on steroids from the looks of it!). I have not yet been, but have heard amazing things about it and have this brochure in my bucket list pile on my desk. I realise that Kerrisdale is NOT the North Shore, but I am always into the idea of a mini day trip across the water :).
In case you are not able to read the details, here is the gist of it:
- Open 7 days a week until August 29th.
- Admission Fees: Free under 6 months, $3.00 6 months-2 years, $4.00 2 years-under 6 years, $4.50 6-12 years.
- Children must wear socks. Socks can be purchased for $1.50/pair.
- Children MUST be supervised by an adult at all times.
- No food or drink in the play area.
- See my calendar for specific times based on age.
- 2 inflatable Bouncy Castles
- An inflatable Obstacle Course
- 22’ Inflatable Giant Slide
- Ride on cars and toys
- Ping Pong, foosball, basketball shooting
- Musical instruments
- Toddler area with padded flooring, carpet games and lots of toys!
**Do you have any suggestions of activities for kids? I’d love to hear them! Please leave a comment below!**