So many people are affected by allergies, whether they be seasonal, dust related, or pet related. My mom is really affected by airborne allergens and I have so many friends who are allergic to our cat. As a result, we try and keep our floors extra clean and we find ourselves needing to vacuum at least twice a week to keep the dirt and cat hair at bay.
When we moved into our home, we adopted the built-in central vacuum system that we thought was doing a great job of keeping our house dander, dust and dirt free. We were shocked the first time we used the Hoover WindTunnel® Air™ Bagless Upright to discover we had been very wrong! We started with just one of our area rugs in our home.
I was pretty disgusted that all that dirt came up from just one rug. A rug that gets vacuumed twice a week! I get all excited about being able to SEE dirt that is being removed from our home. It’s oddly satisfying!
Frequent vacuuming and actively controlling the transfer of outdoor particles inside the home can greatly improve such things as asthma aggravation, sleep disturbance and sneeze inducing airborne allergens. Hoover’s multi-cyclonic filtration HEPA media system traps 99.97% of dirt, dust and pollens down to 0.3microns.
My favourite features of the Hoover WindTunnel® Air™ are the easy to remove (and clean) dirt cup and the deep recline handle which allows you to get under furniture without having to move it around too much.
Here are some allergy defence tips for around your house:
- Keep windows closed during peak pollen periods
- Suck up pollen, dander and dust. Vacuuming is far more effective than sweeping at eliminating airborne particles – don’t forget spaces above cabinets, the tops of picture frames, wainscoting, windowsills, and baseboards.
- Limit outdoor activity on high pollen index days (ratings available through your local news provider or The Weather Network)
- Keep pollen build-up at bay by washing bedding every week in hot water
- Wash pets regularly to decrease the amount of pollen that is tracked into your home by frisky pets
- Keep family pets off furniture and remove them from bedrooms, as much as possible to avoid dander deposits
A little about the vacuum:
Hoover® is thrilled to introduce the new WindTunnel® Air™ Bagless Upright with a multi-cylonic filtration system, which cleans the air moving through the filter to ensure no loss of suction*. The WindTunnel® Air™ Bagless Upright vacuum features patented Hoover® WindTunnel® technology that removes embedded dirt** and minimizes blowback or scatter on carpet. While extremely lightweight at only 12.4 pounds, this vacuum offers all the power needed to get floors truly clean, and is perfect for small spaces.
This vacuum is designed with a telescopic handle with built-in wand that detaches with one simple touch. Simply connect the stair hose to the built-in hose and easily clean stairs without having to lift and carry the vacuum. Other intuitive features include convenient power and brushroll controls, a carry handle on top of the dirt cup, and a clear nozzle with no-scuff bumper. The body reclines all the way to the floor, so you can reach under furniture easily, and the brushroll automatically stops when you put the vacuum back in the upright position.
Requiring minimal maintenance, the Hoover® WindTunnel® Air™ Bagless Upright has a rinsable filter that can be easily cleaned under running water and a high-quality filter made with HEPA media – neither of which will need to be replaced during the warranty period with proper care.
- Only 12.4 pounds – the lightest Hoover® full-size bagless upright available – easy to use
- WindTunnel® Technology – removes embedded dirt** and minimizes blowback or scatter
- Quick Fit™ Hose – one-touch releases handle for easy attachment to hose so you can
- Intuitive Power Controls – conveniently positioned where they should be – right at your
- Brushroll Shut-Off – automatically turns off when vacuum is put in upright position
- Fabulous Filtration – multi-cyclonic filtration system, rinsable filter and a high-quality filter made with HEPA media. HEPA media traps 99.97% of dirt, dust and pollens down to 0.3microns.
- Carry Handle – on top of dirt cup so you can easily lift the lightweight vacuum for moving up or down stairs
- 30′ Power Cord – vacuum a large room without re-plugging
- Clear Nozzle with No Scuff Bumper – protects furniture and baseboards from scuffing and allows you to see Hoover® WindTunnel® technology in action
- Deep Recline Handle – lets machine recline flat to clean under furniture
- Limited 2-year warranty
Hoover has generously offered to gift one lucky North Shore Mama reader with the Hoover WindTunnel® Air™ Bagless Upright (delivered straight to your door)! To enter, please fill in the Rafflecopter form below. This contest will run until July 30th at 9pm PST and is open to Canadian residents only. Good luck!