One of the things on my things-to-do-before-turning-30 list is to start a blog. Here I find myself less than 3 weeks from hitting the big 3-0 and I finally gathered all of my courage and energy (leftover from the end of a long day) to get this going. For some reason, the thought of actually starting a blog filled me with unnecessary anxiety, until I found the ideal topic to write about. Life, on the North Shore of Vancouver, with kids! Or, at least 1 kid… for now!
I have had the privilege of extending my maternity leave by another full year, though my return to work is in the near future. During my time ‘off work’ and at home with my daughter, I have had the opportunity to get to know my own neighbourhood, city, and surrounding areas much better than I ever have. Life’s pace has changed tremendously, and so have life’s priorities.
With this blog, I hope to be able to document, for not only myself but for other North Shore parents or North Shore visitors as well, some of the wonderful things Vancouver has to offer to those who are always searching for exciting, educational, and stimulating experiences for their children- as my husband and I do. As we all know, happy kidlets means happy parents.
I hope that this blog will prove useful to you and your family and that you enjoy the beautiful North Shore as much as I do!
North Shore Mama
Nice to meet you! I'm Jessica a.k.a North Shore Mama. This site was born out of my love for my daughters and the desire to share my motherhood journey with fellow moms. I believe we're all in this craziness called 'parenthood' together and North Shore Mama is my way of reaching out to anyone who needs a laugh, a cry or dinner inspiration. Thank you so much for reading!
- Why is there a white spot on my child’s tooth?
- Baby Teeth- What if they erupt crooked? by Dr. Melissa Skinner
- Starting without slang: Teaching our kids the proper names for their bits
- Introducing a Lovey to your baby
- Top 5 Kid-Friendly Hiking Trails on the North Shore by Bianca Bujan
- Where to see beautiful Christmas lights on the North Shore!
- Understanding Hip Dysplasia
- Motivation Charts: How to get your toddler out the door in the morning and into bed at night
- 3 craft ideas using Kinder Surprise egg capsules #KinderMom
- Thank goodness for products that ease the itchiness of eczema! #EczemaAndMe