There’s something really special about waking up in the morning and NOT having to apply mascara. It makes me feel like I’m in high school and sneaking out of my parents’ house in the middle of the night or something :P. Feels so rebellious. No mascara? WHAT?!!?!
I don’t wear very much makeup (I don’t even own a single eyeshadow) but one step in my morning makeup routine IS applying mascara. I do concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes, some bronzer so that I don’t look like a ghost, eye liner and mascara. Done and done. It’s a short routine as is, but with 2 littles that also need help getting ready to get out the door in the morning, eliminating any step in the routine is very welcomed!
I recently teamed up with Lash Fabulous in West Vancouver to help me with my makeup routine and to share with YOU everything you need to know about getting lash extensions. This information can be dependent on where you get your lash extensions, so please keep that in mind. I am basing my tips and tricks specifically on Lash Fabulous and the knowledge that has been imparted on me by the team there!
So, here is ‘everything’ you need to know about getting eyelash extensions:
- It takes about 1.5 – 2 hours to apply a full set of lashes, depending on how many lashes you have.
- Some of us have up to 200 lashes per eye!
- The eyelash extensions are applied one-by-one without touching your skin at all.
- The eyelash extensions themselves are as short as 1mm. It doesn’t seem like that would make a big difference but I got 2mm extensions and it’s amazing what that does for your lashes! (Image below)
- After application, you have to wait only 2 hours before getting your lashes wet.
- To keep your lash extensions fresh, you don’t need to do a full session again. You simply book in for a 30 minute appointment every 2-3 weeks, depending on how quickly your lashes grow.
- You’ll likely get a really great hour+ nap out of the session. It’s very relaxing and you keep your eyes closed throughout the process.
- There are many lash extension places out there and a variety of products being used. It is important to look into which products are available and the training that the technicians have. The highest quality of product will ensure the best results!
- You can do everything from hot yoga to swimming without worrying about your eyelash extensions.
- You can wear eye-liner and mascara (if you feel the need, but you likely won’t) as long as they are water-based (not oil based or waterproof).
I have loved my eyelash extensions! This is a before/after comparison.
I naturally have a lot of lashes but they are all different lengths and point every which way. The lash extensions are perfectly curled and give a consistent look. So amazing!