This has become a staple in our household. I usually make it once a week now, as it is packed with nutritional goodness and our 3 year old LOVES it. Not to mention, it takes less than 30 minutes to make, which is something I strive for when it comes to weekday meals.
I’ve made this as both a side-dish or as the meal itself.
- 1 cup well rinsed quinoa
- 1 and 3/4 cups low sodium organic chicken broth
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, add the quinoa, chicken broth and broccoli.
- Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil.
- Cover and let simmer for around 15 minutes, until there is no more liquid.
- Fluff with a fork and add grated cheese.
- Stir, serve and enjoy!