Yesterday was a beautiful sunny Sunday. We had some nice family time, organized the house and got back on track a little with life in general. Just in time for the chaos of the week to start all over again!
As soon as the sun starts shining in Vancouver, and the weather warms even slightly… in my mind it’s BBQ season. BBQ season is my favourite for a few reasons. 1) Spring/Summer are my favourite times of year and 2) my husband does the BBQ’ing, meaning I get a bit of a break from cooking dinner every night.
Last night we had guests for dinner to celebrate the sunshine and BBQ weather! I decided to try something new, as we rarely have company over for dinner, so I marinated chicken breast in Patak’s Butter Chicken sauce all day long to be able to make kebabs later on. They were great to make and serve easily to our guests. Everyone takes as many kebabs as they wish, throws them over their rice and voila!
- 6 chicken breasts cubed into 1″ pieces
- 1 jar Patak’s Butter Chicken Sauce
- Bamboo skewers
- 2 orange peppers
- Rice, cooked according to directions on package
- Sides of your choice
- In a large Ziploc bag, coat the chicken breast pieces with the Patak’s Butter Chicken sauce. Seal the bag and marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Using tongs, build your kebabs with the chicken and peppers. You can add onion pieces, other peppers, or even pineapple pieces!
- BBQ the skewers on med-high, turning every few minutes to grill each side.
- Serve over rice and with the sides of your choice. We made a cucumber, tomato & feta salad and included some BBQ’d naan bread as well.
Enjoy and happy BBQ’ing!
Disclosure: I am part of the Patak’s Canada Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.