So… apparently I am camp “Attachment Parenting” and I didn’t even know it! I’ve never really looked into the different types of parenting and have never known which “group” I subscribe to, but, as I sit here typing with my 5 week old strapped to my chest in a baby carrier, I feel like I am being virtually high-fived by AP gurus such as Dr. Sears.
What is Attachment Parenting, you ask? I wanted to know more as well, so off to google I went. The list of resources is extensive. Everything from attachmentparenting.ca to attachmentparenting.org to the aforementioned Dr. Sears.
While I practice some of the characteristics of Attachment Parenting, I am not usually one to go to extremes, i.e., I won’t be breastfeeding Madeleine until she’s in Kindergarten.
It all comes back to what I believe in so strongly…
Every parent has to do what works for THEM and THEIR child. There is not ONE right way of caring for your wee ones, so let’s not judge one another! Instead, why not use that energy to love our children even more?! 😉
Parenting styles aside, this is The Mother I Strive to Be.
Nice to meet you! I'm Jessica a.k.a North Shore Mama. This site was born out of my love for my daughters and the desire to share my motherhood journey with fellow moms. I believe we're all in this craziness called 'parenthood' together and North Shore Mama is my way of reaching out to anyone who needs a laugh, a cry or dinner inspiration. Thank you so much for reading!
- Baby Teeth- What if they erupt crooked? by Dr. Melissa Skinner
- Why is there a white spot on my child’s tooth?
- Taking care of your health is always in style
- Thank goodness for products that ease the itchiness of eczema! #EczemaAndMe
- For the very first time (in 8 years)
- Baby & Toddler Room Sharing in 6 Easy Steps
- Starting without slang: Teaching our kids the proper names for their bits
- Why You Need to Display Family Photographs In Your Home
- Infant Flat Head Syndrome
- 3 craft ideas using Kinder Surprise egg capsules #KinderMom
Try some other hashtag or username